Saturday, January 3, 2009

Good to be Back, Jack

It's good to be back in the Cali, working and such, Christmas behind us, starting a New Year, continuing on an adventure. It was sunny here today for most of the day. It's been quite a rainy winter here in the OC, and quite cold as well. So it was a refreshing change to drive to work in the sunshine. I take the Pacific Coast Highway, or PCH as we call it to and from work and it's a beautiful and inspiring little trek to my silly little waitress job each day. That nice little drive is one of the reasons I moved here though...Not only is it refreshing to have a change of scenery, where everything is new, and fun to take in, but it is breathtakingly beautiful in such a different way than Texas is beautiful. Today as I drove home I looked to the left and the sun was setting and there was this wonderful heavenly sandwich of clouds around the setting sun. I took a deep breath and a long exhale. That little moment of serenity makes up for the slight discomfort this relocation has caused. I wish I had my camera with me in the car today so I could have shown you. Oh well, there will be more sunsets.

How about some comedy? Anyone?



Photobucket

1 comment: