Monday, November 24, 2008

Case o' the Mondays

You know, I made a concerted effort with myself to have a good Monday and you know what, I did! I said to myself, "Self, screw what everyone else says about Mondays, and make it good!" And I did. Chatted up some old friends online, went to a yoga class and cooked up a little din din for Johnette and I.

Tried a new recipe and it was part hit and part miss. It was healthy recipe and that doesn't always add up to the most tasty dinner. It was turkey meat loaf, with horseradish mash potatoes and sauteed spinach with roasted pine nuts. I messed up the mash potatoes by using skim instead of whole milk, and I mistakenly sprayed the pine nuts with olive oil to roast them, only you're not supposed to do that and I burned them...bummer dude. The meat loaf was good though. And the wine was tasty. Oh the wine!

We decided to mix it up and do white tonight. It's so nice though because good wine is rather cheap. What would cost me $20-25 in Texas I can get here from $7-13 bucks! It's quite lovely. Johnette just got back from Napa and is having some bottles shipped back and I'm excited to try those too! There's a nice chill in the air too, which always makes for good red wine weather.

Talked to a contact from Sony Pictures today who gave me some good insight as to places I could apply to and how to maybe get an in at a production company or a studio. Had a contact at the Director's guild through a professor at USC, but I called the guild and they said he didn't work there anymore. So, no dice on that one. Fingers crossed all of this legwork and contact-making I'm doing leads to something! I'm not giving up until it does! Until then it's waitress city. Which is different than Fist City, which is a great Loretta Lynn song.



I just love these lyrics. "You better move your feet, if you don't want to eat, a meal called fist city."

Is Fist City anywhere near awesometown? Anyone?

1 comment:

  1. I think Fist City is right before Windpuddingville and right after Walkawaypieyertonville. There on the left. Before a land called Hanalei. It's a tough, gritty kinda' town. Not a place for you or I. Or even some of the semi-rough people you know that you think might be able to take it. They can't. It's Fist City, fer Christ'ssake.

    ReplyDelete