Sunday, November 30, 2008

Schmanksgiving

I've not written for a few days, I guess because of the holidays, been busy, lagging energy due to L-Tryptophan. Thanksgiving was very lovely. This is the second year I've ever spent Thanksgiving with friends and I had a great time. It would have been nice to be at home with the family, but it was a great new group of friends to be with on the day of thanks.

Johnette and I started out the day at 6 AM (oy) and met her trainer on the beach for a special Thanksgiving session. We ran along the coastline in the early morning and boy am I glad I got my keester out of bed because it was well worth it. The waves were really clean and fairly large and saw a huge crowd of surfers at a spot called The Cliffs. We ran past the cliffs to the dog beach (dogs are only allowed on certain beaches here) and all the way to Bolsa Chica, which is almost in Seal Beach, North of Huntington. We also saw two pods of dolphins, swimming and playing amongst the surfers. Not a bad way to start Thanksgiving Day. All in all it was an 8 mile trek, but it went by really fast.

We then headed home, I cooked a giant broccoli rice casserole, and got ready to go over to our friend Shea's house. We watched the Cowboys wins, drank some really great wine that Johnette and Shea brought back from Napa, and feasted on some good eats. I went to bed with a full belly and a happy heart.

I am thankful for my wonderful family and am excited to get to see them at Christmas time.
I am thankful for my friends back in Texas, who are even more dear to me now that they're far away.
I am thankful for my friends here, who have made this transition so easy for me, and given me encouragement to make it work.
I am thankful for my little Newman, who has made my heart grow in ways that I didn't think possible.

1 comment:

  1. I am saving some broccoli rice chee casserole for you. Everyone knows Velveeta has no shelf life. ------------------------->

    ReplyDelete